The Tourist Information Centre is situated, upstairs in the Library, on Walkergate – between the town’s main street (Marygate) and the Barracks Museums and Elizabethan Town Walls.
The address is:
Berwick TIC, Walkergate, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 1DB.
Tel: 01670 622155
The friendly team of knowledgeable staff can provide information and advice on a wide range of subjects to help you make the most of your visit to Berwick and the surrounding area.
- Accommodation search and booking service, including long distance walk bookings for St Oswald’s Way, St Cuthbert’s Wayand the Northumberland Coast Path
- Guidance and advice on visitor attractions
- Local transport, bus and train information
- Information on local events
- Travelsure Bus Excursion Tickets
- Parking Discs
- Discounted Attraction Tickets (Alnwick Castle, Alnwick Gardens, Bamburgh Castle, Berwick Boat Trips, Chillingham Castle and Chillingham Wild Cattle.)
- Wifi and public access PCs (visitors must join the library to use the computers).
- Berwick Archives & Record Office.
- The TIC offers an accommodation booking service for your visit, for which a 10% deposit is taken from the first nights stay. This deposit is then deducted from your account at each accommodation; therefore the service does not cost you any extra. An accommodation service is also offered for the long distance walking routes of St Cuthbert’s Way and St Oswald’s Way which incur an additional booking fee of just £5 per head. If you would like more information on our booking service please get in touch with the office.
- The Tourist Information Centre staff are ready to help with every aspect of the tourist experience, providing excellent local knowledge in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Opening Hours:
- Open all Year: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 10am-5pm
- Christmas and New Year – Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- Contact us:
- Telephone: 01670 622155
- Email: email@example.com