Find a Car Park
Car parking is available in various locations throughout our historic walled town.
Short stay parking time limits:
- Car parks – 8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday including bank holidays
- On-street – 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Saturday including bank holidays
Long stay parking:
- All day car parks (except Berwick Railway Station) – You can park for up to 24 hours (Monday to Sunday including bank holidays) but you must remove your vehicle for a period of 4 hours or more before returning
- Berwick Railway Station – You can park for up to 72 hours (Monday to Sunday including bank holidays) but you must remove your vehicle for a period of 6 hours or more before returning
- Time limit applies to all types of parking bay
- Pay and display charges apply 24 hours per day, Monday to Sunday including bank holidays in Berwick Railway Station car park
|Parking place||Max stay||Parking disc required||Cost||Further information|
|Hide Hill||1 hour||Yes||Free|
|Bridge Street||2 hours||Yes||Free|
|Chapel Street||2 hours||Yes||Free|
|Chapel Street car park||2 hours||Yes||Free|
|Church Street||2 hours||Yes||Free|
|Eastern Lane car park||2 hours||Yes||Free|
|Castlegate car park||3 hours||Yes||Free|
|Waugh Place car park||3 hours||Yes||Free|
|Woolmarket car park||3 hours||Yes||Free|
|Wallace Green||3 hours||Yes||Free|
|Castlegate long stay||All day||No||Free|
|Castlegate overflow||All day||No||Free||Some bays suitable for motorhomes|
|Coxons Lane||All day||No||Free||Some bays suitable for motorhomes|
|Foul Ford||All day||No||Free|
|Quayside||All day||No||Free||Some bays suitable for motorhomes|
|Berwick Railway Station||All day||No||£3.50*|
* 20 minutes free in designated bays only.
Alternative free long stay parking is available in the Castlegate overflow car park
The ticket machines at Berwick Railway Station accept cash and card payments
Car park map
For more information please visit our Tourist Information Centre.
Berwick Tourist Infomation and Library Walkergate, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 1DB.